Monday, October 4, 2010

Giroux reading for 10/5/10

1. I remember when I transferred to a public high school at the start of my junior year, I noticed all of the advertisements in the hallways. There were Pepsi machines, 'Got Milk' posters, and Gatorade logos everywhere. How far do you think commercialization in schools will go? Do you think it's conceivable that there could be monitors in hallways with actual commercials on them? I mean society is to the point where you're forced to watch a commercial before you can view a video on Youtube.

2. Do you think public education has been "dumbed down"? I attended a private high school for three and a half years and a public school for just a semester and I couldnt believe how much of a difference there was in the curriculum and academic standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment