Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Jenkins Chapter 2 for 10/21/10

1. I was interested with the "impress me" concept in this chapter. If I ever have free time and I am flipping through channels, I will often stop on a channel if I see something that catches my attention right away. What do you think are the main factors when it comes to catching the attention of a typical consumer?

2. When it comes to zappers, casuals and loyals, I thought of an interesting concept. When it comes to sporting events, I am a loyal. I cannot miss my teams play and I will watch every second of every game. When it comes to normal television shows, I am a casual. If I'm not doing anything I will try to catch "The Office" or "Entourage" and I will typically watch an entire episode or two. With that being said, do you think it's possible to fall in more than one category as far as TV viewers go?

No comments:

Post a Comment