Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Toys

This article made me think of how I hardly ever see advertising for toys anymore, and I'm not sure if that is just because I'm older now. I work at Mayfair and there isn't a toy store there, and I don't believe Brookfield Square has one either. I also thought about how I still watch channels that children watch like ABC Family, and I never see toy commercials. It seems that places like Target and Walmart are the only stores that still sell and advertise for toys.

I thought it was interesting to hear the author say that children do not like to venture out from the brands they know because I never realized this. I guess we never really change as adults because many of us like to stick to certain brands. This goes along with what we talked about in class the other day, why do we stick to certain brands? What is it about them? It was funny the author said "Parents cannot understand the difference between one version of My Little Pony and the next," because we do this same thing as adults. When it comes down to it, I can pretty much do the same things with the first iPod I had 5 years ago, my second, and the newest one I have now, but we feel as though we have to keep buying the newest versions still.

No comments:

Post a Comment