Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thornham

It seems odd to me that Sara had to defend her reasons for not wanting to play video games. I'm not sure why she thought she had to lie in front of the group about playing the dance game. If she doesn't like to play, why should anyone think differently of her? Everyone has different interests. I don't know why video games have been such a gender thing for so long, because it just comes down to playing a game. It seems like in the media now that games coming out are more neutral. I just saw a commercial for the new DJ Hero 2 game and it is completely neutral.

My boyfriend was definitely a hardcore "solo gamer" for a while. He used to play WOW (World of Warcraft) for literally, 8 hours straight. He wouldn't eat or pay attention to anything going on in the real world. I definitely think that constant "solo gaming" had a negative effect on him. He was isolated from people and somewhat depressed. It helped for him to stop playing games so much and participate in activities in the real world. Solo gaming cases like him are probably why the people in the article were embarrassed to admit that they "gamed" by themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment