Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Douglas and Michaels

I liked the section about the conservative pundits who tell people what to fear and blame unwed mothers for being the cause of 'moral decay'. It reminded me of John Stewart's recent rally where he asked the news stations to report the news and stop scaring the public and blaming people. Of course those stations backlashed at the event and said it was just an entertainment show because they don't want to lose their power.

During the summer I work at a pool and my female co-workers bring in all those celebrity magazines. I flip through them when I'm bored and just laugh at how ridiculous it is. For example, in one magazine they show celebrity moms out with their kids as they do normal everyday stuff and have big bold captions that say "They're just like us!" Oh really, they're just like us? They don't fly around on jetpacks with their kids strapped on their backs? Our fascination with celebrities is so absurd.

No comments:

Post a Comment