Thursday, November 11, 2010

Douglas & Michaels Article

- I believe this article was dead on in recognizing that "celebrity mom-dom" portrays an unattainable false hope of motherhood, while the welfare mother suffers the harsh reality of lackadaisical and un-motivational living. However the stigma has become reality in our society. So since the reality is proving to be true, why is it acceptable for those choosing to sustain a lifestyle on welfare continuously be rewarded while the taxpayers and their families fork out their hard earned cash?

-So I don't have kids, yet. I plan on it when I'm less selfish and can actually afford a child. But why do individuals who aren't ready choose to have children? I've always wondered this. It only harms you and the child, but whatever right... taxpayers can help me out. Has Generation X marketed the lavish welfare lifestyle of being a parent to Generation Y so well that this is why a boom of teen mothers has glorified every media outlet? Seriously, what has/ is this world coming to!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment